January 11, 2021
Dear Residents and Families:
We wanted to update on the findings of our most recently COVID testing. We have had no staff members test positive. We will continue to conduct our surveillance testing for our employees.
We continue to ask all residents (and ask families to encourage residents) to:
- Wear masks, practice good hand hygiene and engage in social distancing when outside of their rooms;
- Limit time spent outside of their rooms interacting with others; and
- Speak immediately with staff if they experience any health changes that may not be observable (like loss of taste or smell).
We are happy to announce will have a visitation room set up starting 1/13/2021.
- This room will be located in room #20.
- Visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance with our receptionist Leandra. Visitors must:
- Be screened as they enter the facility for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., temperature checks, questions or observations about signs or symptoms), and will be denied entry if they fail the assessment.
- Be required to wear face covering or mask (covering mouth and nose) at all times while in the facility or on the campus of the facility, as will the residents they are visiting.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least six feet between persons.
- Visitor hours are from 10am-4pm Monday – Friday at this time. (This is subject to change as county positivity rates lower).
The facility will clean and disinfect high frequency touched surfaces in the facility often and designated visitation areas after each visit. If the facility has a positive case, Heritage will go back to previous restrictions (no visitors, Communal dining, ECT) until the outbreak is resolved.
Up to this point, there has not been a recommendation from the CDC to isolate residents when they return to the community for medically necessary appointments. However, residents should wear a mask and practice social distancing while out of the community. If a resident chooses to continually leave the community for other outings besides medically necessary appointments, the facility nurse will determine if the resident should be placed on a 10 day quarantine, or on surveillance testing. Facility will monitor and track residents need to quarantine per recommendations from the CDC and local health department on a case-by-case basis.
We will have three clinic dates scheduled for our COVID-19 vaccination clinic, February 2nd, February 23rd, and March 2nd.
- We will bring you an appointment card with the date and time of your vaccine, the night before the clinic date.
- The clinic will be held in the dining room on February 2nd.
- We will reach out to you if we do not have your updated insurance information.
Please remember that the benefits of the vaccine will not be seen until some time after the second dose of the vaccine, which will take place 21 – 28 days after the initial vaccine.
As always, we will continue to notify residents’ primary physicians and designated family members of any changes in their loved one’s condition, whether potentially related to COVID-19 or not.
We will provide you further updates related to COVID. Please reach out with questions, concerns, or requests for assistance.